Course History

When the course was originally designed in 1922 by the legendary golf course architect Harry Shapland Colt, it was then the Oxford University Golf Club. It became Southfield Golf Club in 1945 when it became managed predominantly by the City club. In 2014 Southfield Golf Club chnaged its name to Oxford Golf Club to represent its prime location in the heart of Oxford.

When designing the course, Colt chose to incorporate some of the original holes laid out by James Braid, which gives this course one of the finest pedigrees possible in golf course design.

Latest News

Golfmark Accreditation

Oxford Golf Club is proud to have achieved
GOLFMARK accreditation
"Demonstrating Commitment to
Junior & Beginner Golf"
 

LOGOS

 

 

Connect With Oxford Golf Club

Tel: 01865 242158 email: manager@oxfordgolfclub.net